6 Months of Progress
The Global Esports Federation Board, meeting in full to cap the organization’s dynamic first six months, highlighted milestone achievements including several landmark partnerships and confirmed key next-phase priorities.
“Congratulations to the GEF Board and the 70 Commission members at the GEF for their considerable contributions during this unprecedented time,” said Chris Chan, President, Global Esports Federation. “The GEF Board, through the collective energy and expertise of its members, has been successful in establishing the Federation. Our organization has developed initiatives that are in service to the esports community – promoting the credibility, legitimacy and prestige of esports. I am pleased to welcome the Founding Circle of GEF Members to our #worldconnected family and look forward to encouraging active dialogue, engagement and participation together.”
The GEF has built significant partnerships since the worldwide launch at its Singapore headquarters on December 16, 2019, cementing its position in the international esports community. Among the partnerships confirmed since:
• Tencent as Founding Global Partner;
• Partnership with the Commonwealth Games Federation to develop esports strategy throughout the Commonwealth’s reach;
• Collaboration with the Olympic Council of Asia to promote and develop esports across and throughout Asia;
• Cooperative Agreement with Organización Deportiva Suramericana (ODESUR) to spearhead South American esports strategy;
• International Telecommunication Union (ITU) membership to launch global dialogue on esports, supporting establishment of international standards;
• Strategic partnership with Dentsu Inc. to focus on joint efforts in developing new marketing programs and sports events;
• Refract as Global Partner for Interactive Technology to pioneer active esports worldwide.